Undefeated Welsh prospect Jack “Tank” Shore will make his highly-anticipated return to the Octagon on April 10, when he meets dangerous wrestler Hunter Azure, the UFC has confirmed.
The promotion confirmed the news on their official European Twitter account.
Boasting a perfect 2-0 record in the UFC, Jack Shore (13-0) has settled nicely into his new home, finishing both Nohelin Hernandez and Aaron Phillips by rear-naked choke. Following his most recent performance, it was evident that a step-up in competition would be needed, and who better to test his skills than Hunter Azure.
A competitor at both featherweight and bantamweight, America’s Hunter Azure (9-1) bounced back big towards the latter end of 2020, defeating Cole Smith via unanimous decision. This win shifted Azure back in the win column following the first defeat of his professional career. The 29-year-old will be seeking his third UFC victory on April 10.
As it stands, UFC Fight Night 118 will be headlined by top-ranked middleweight Darren Till, who looks to build his case for a title shot when he faces Marvin Vettori. The event is currently stacked from top to bottom with veterans, ranked athletes, and young up-and-comers, giving it the potential to be one of the years finest. The full-fight card is as follows:
- Darren Till vs Marvin Vettori – Middleweight bout
- Nina Ansaroff vs Mackenzie Dern – Women’s Strawweight bout
- Jarjis Danho vs Yorgan De Castro – Heavyweight bout
- Bea Malecki vs Norma Dumont Viana – Women’s Bantamweight bout
- John Makdessi vs Ignacio Bahamondes – Lightweight bout
- Zak Cummings vs Sam Alvey – Middleweight bout
- Kyle Daukas vs Aliaskhab Khizriev – Middleweight bout
- Jordan Griffin vs Luis Saldana – Featherweight bout
- Jack Shore vs Hunter Azure – Bantamweight bout
- Daniel Rodriguez vs Mike Perry – Welterweight bout
- Da Un Jung vs Shamil Gamazatov – Light Heavyweight bout
- Impa Kasanganay vs Sasha Palatnikov – Welterweight bout
- Scott Holtzman vs Mateusz Gamrot – Lightweight bout
- Jim Miller vs Joe Solecki – Lightweight bout