This year’s WrestleMania will take place on April 5th. Unfortunately, the build up for WrestleMania 36 has felt underwhelming for many fans right now.
Matches announced (So far)
- Brock Lesnar (C) vs. Drew McIntyre for the WWE Championship: This feud has the best build in comparison to the other WrestleMania feuds. So far WWE has maintained the story between Lesnar and McIntyre as simple as possible. The only question is if Vince McMahon will give the belt to McIntyre or will he have cold feet.
- Rhea Ripley (C) vs. Charlotte Flair for the NXT Women’s Championship: The build for this feud has felt a little cold, but with a few bright spots on some weeks. The biggest problem is that most people see that this feud is a ratings ploy, so NXT could gain some viewers on the Wednesday Night War. But the data has proven that Charlotte has not been able to move the niddle big time for the third brand of WWE.
- Goldberg vs. Roman Reigns for the WWE Universal Championship: Fans right now don’t feel very interested in this feud.
- John Cena vs. The Fiend: This feud has become very important for the future of Bray Wyatt and The Fiend. A loss against Cena could be the worst scenario for Wyatt and all the work he has done. What also doesn’t help this feud, is the fact people are starting to lose interest on Wyatt after months of underwhelming booking.
- Becky Lynch (C) vs. Shayna Baszler for the Raw Women’s Championship: Baszler biting Lynch’s neck was controversial and it was received with mixed reviews by fans. Baszler’s performance on Elimination Chamber was the right move for her. If the reports are true that Vince McMahon is not very high on her right now, Baszler could end up not winning the belt on the biggest stage of them all.
SmackDown is unwatchable
SmackDown this year so far has been unwatchable for many wrestling fans. WrestleMania 36 needs a strong build so other Over The Top (OTT) services will be interested on picking up WWE’s pay-per-views from the WWE network.
The builds for Goldberg vs. Reigns & The Fiend vs. Cena need to be better booked, esspecially considering they are the centerpieces of this year’s WrestleMania.
Fans seem disinterested regarding this year’s WrestleMania. People all over social media mention they are going to skip the event because the show doesn’t look interesting.
The hype for most feuds are just good at best. The only babyface people are connecting with is Drew McIntyre. In the case of Lesnar vs. McIntyre. it feels uncertain who will win this bout.
WWE has still time to have a great Road to WrestleMania. Raw in all 2020 has been good, but that’s not enough for the biggest show of the year.