RIZIN FF is returning to Osaka for what will be their second event in that city. It will be RIZIN 25 and a featherweight champion will be crowned for the first time.
RIZIN held a press conference on Monday to announce the entire lineup for the November 21 card. The event is set to showcase nine bouts in total.
Set to headline a RIZIN event for his third time is the elder of the superstar tandem Asakura brothers, Mikuru (13-1). For the 28-year-old YouTube sensation, the third time has the potential to be the charm.
Asakura will clash with the ever-dangerous Yutaka Saito (18-4-2) for the inaugural RIZIN featherweight title. To earn his shot, Saito executed a vicious highlight-reel finish of Kazumasa Majima via soccer kicks and knees at RIZIN 23 in August. The win extended his current streak to two and puts his record at 6-1 in his last seven.
RIZIN 21 in February marked the last time we saw Asakura compete in the ring. However, the result was the same as we’ve grown accustomed to seeing as he scored a second-round head kick knockout of Daniel Salas. In the meantime, his younger bantamweight brother, Kai, has captured RIZIN gold of his own.
Mikuru hopes to do the same come November.
“I haven’t fought since February but I have constantly been training hard, so look forward on seeing a graded-up version of me,” Asakura said via press release, “I’m 7-0 in the organization so I think I deserve this title shot the most. I saw my opponent fight in August, but he’s not my match. He’ll try to grapple me but he will be met with a huge surprise. I plan to win this fight and fight on New Year’s Eve.”
From top to bottom, RIZIN 25 looks to provide fans with exciting action as always. All nine fights can be seen below.
- Featherweight – 145lbs: (C) – Mikuru Asakura vs. Yutaka Saito
- Bantamweight – 135lbs: Hiromasa Ougikubo vs. Kenta Takizawa
- Featherweight: Yojiro Uchimura vs. Kyohei Hagiwara
- Welterweight – 170lbs: Ryuichiro Sumimura vs. “Let’s” Gota Yamashita
- Flyweight – 125lbs: Tatsuki Saomoto vs. Daichi Kitakata
- Middleweight – 185lbs: Kickboxing – Hidenori Ebara vs. Isami Sano
- Strawweight – 115lbs: Kickboxing – Jin Mandokoro vs. Syuto Sato
- Catchweight – 138lbs: Kickboxing – Shohei Asahara vs. Yuma Yamaguchi
- Catchweight – 133lbs: Kickboxing – Taiga vs. Yuma Yamahata