The highly anticipated Dana White’s Contender Series will start up again in August.
Postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the kick-off show for Season 4 will happen on August 4th inside the UFC Apex Arena. To keep up with the news surrounding Season 4, The Scrap has your go-to guide for all things Contender Series.
- Jeffrey Molina vs. Jacob Silva set for August 25th.
- Adrian Yanez vs. Brady Huang set for August 11th.
- Lightweight Jose Flores targeted for for August 4th.
- Bantamweight Taneisha Tennant confirmed for September
- Middleweight Jordan Williams targeted for return on August 11th
WHO HAS BEEN confirmed TO COMPETE (no OPPONENT yet)?
- Matheus Scheffel (14-6)
- Joe Pfyer (7-1)
- Jordan Williams (8-3-1)
- Taneisha Tennant (3-0)
- Jose Flores (9-1)
Chad Johnson vs. Josh Parisian (Heavyweight)
WHO HAS BEEN RUMORED TO COMPETE?
- Ty Flores (7-2)
- Cheyenne Buys (4-1)
- Melsik Baghdasaryan (4-1)
- Dennis Buzukja (4-1)
- Chelsea Hackett (3-0-1)
- Jerome Rivera (9-2)
- Luis Rodriguez (11-1)
- Ibo Aslan (8-0)
- Danilo Marques (9-2)
- Andreas Michailidis (12-3)
Regional Front Runners & Matchups to watch
We decided to dedicate an area for names you should keep a close eye on. With fight news starting to slow down and many Titan FC & LFA cards being put on in July, one can only imagine Sean Shelby & Mick Maynard will be watching closely.
Fighters who should get the contender series call this season:
- Danny Sabatello (8-1)
- Rafa Garcia (12-0)
- Jasmine Jasudavicius (4-0)
- Jay Perrin (9-4)
- Erin Blanchfield (5-1)
- Brett Martin (9-1-1)
- Hailey Cowan (5-1)
- Julia Stoliarenko (9-3-1)
- Mason Jones (9-0)
- Korey Kuppe (8-3)
- Jamey-Lyn Horth Wessels (4-0)
- Collin Anglin (7-1)
- Louis Cosce (6-0)
- Orion Cosce (6-0)
- Jason Ramos (12-2)
- Michael Irizarry (11-3)
- Aaron Jeffrey (7-2)
Fights to keep a close eye on:
- Justin Gonzales vs. Jake Childers
- Sam Hughes vs. Vanessa Demopoulos
- Gregory Fischer vs. Jimmy Flick
- Gregory Rodrigues vs. Joaquin Buckley
DWCS Fighter Spotlight: Cody Brundage
A nominee for The Scrap’s Regional Fighter of the Year, Brundage has fought the same guy back-to-back recently. The first, was a bloodbath that went to a decision. However, the second finished in the first round and saw Brundage earn a shiny gold belt around his waist. He can finish the fight early, and can go the distance. But one thing that is always certain, a Cody Brundage fight is always exciting.
Cody Brundage x The Scrap Archives: