Two Invicta FC alumnae will make their debut in the UFC octagon as they face each other at UFC Fight Night on June 27.
Jinh Yu Frey (9-4) has been on the Invicta roster since 2014. The 35-year-old is a two-time atomweight champion in the promotion. In her last fight, she beat Ashley “Smashley” Cummins at Invicta FC 39. The fight was originally scheduled to be a title defense for Frey. Unfortunately, she missed weight for the bout which saw her stripped of her title. She did manage; however, to prevent Cummins from becoming champion. Frey won the bout by unanimous decision leaving the title vacant.
Kay Hansen (6-3) is a 20-year-old Invicta strawweight. She began her Invicta career in 2017 with a submission win over Emilee King (4-3). Hansen is on a 3-fight win streak. Her streak includes victories over Carolina Jimenez, Nicolle Caliari and Liana Pirosin. Most recently, Hansen headlined as the co-event against Magdaléna Šormová at Phoenix Series 1.
Check out the full line-up for the June 27th card:
– Dustin Poirier vs. Dan Hooker
– Mike Perry vs. Mickey Gall
– Kyle Daukaus vs. Brendan Allen
– Gian Villante vs. Maurice Greene
– Luis Pena vs. Khama Worthy
– Philipe Lins vs. Tanner Boser
– Sean Woodson vs. Kyle Nelson
– Mara Romero Borella vs. Miranda Maverick
– Jordan Griffin vs. Youssef Zalal
– Ramiz Brahimaj vs. Takashi Sato
– Jinh Yu Frey vs. Kay Hansen