Sean O’Malley is finally back, and he is set to take on a familiar opponent.
Verified by MMA Junkie after O’Malley (10-0) posted the news on Instagram, “Suga” will take on Jose Quinonez (8-3 MMA) at UFC 247 in Houston on February 8. A bout that fell through for UFC 299 due to a six-month suspension in October 2018 for testing positive for traces of ostarine found in his system.
After a two-year layoff after finding the traces of ostarine were from contaminated supplements, O’Malley’s UFC 229 bout with Quinonez has been rescheduled.
Quinonez is coming off a win over Carlos Huachin at UFC Mexico City. Prior to that, he saw his four-fight win streak snapped in a second round submission loss to Nathaniel Wood.
Confirmed bouts for UFC 247:
- Jon Jones vs. Dominick Reyes – Light Heavyweight Championship
- Valentina Shevchenko vs. Katlyn Chookagian – Women’s Flyweight Championship
- Ilir Latifi vs. Derrick Lewis
- Mirsad Bektic vs. Dan Ige
- Andrea Lee vs. Lauren Murphy
- Juan Adams vs. Justin Tafa
- Dhiego Lima vs. Alex Morono
- Jimmie Rivera vs. Marlon Vera
- Mario Bautista vs. Miles Johns
- Antonio Arroyo vs. Trevin Giles
- Sean O’Malley vs. Jose Quinonez
Make sure to follow The Scrap News (@thescrapnews) on Twitter.
Connor “Rags” Rogowsky is a co-owner of The Scrap and its current President. Rogowsky played football and track collegiately, and holds a Masters of Science in Psychology from Southern New Hampshire University. Make sure to follow Rags on Twitter (@rogowskyc).