The Ultimate Writer: Season 3 is a competition that features 16 of the best combat sports content creators around the world in a competition of article views. Winners this week were determined when highest article views per partner were added together, against their opponent’s total.
This third card showcased the first-ever tag team matchups of TUW, and an under the radar matchup in the headliner. Lee Brown & Doug Murray took on the first eliminated players of the season, Ryan Truland & Juan Reneo who wanted to get redemption and take over their spots in the bracket.
Below are the results for the third round of TUW.
Ryan Truland & Juan Reneo (132 Total Views) def. Lee Brown & Doug Murray (21 Total Views) in a Ladder Match.
Ryan & Juan get it done! Ryan & Juan get it done! The first eliminated players didn’t take their redemption round lightly. After destroying Lee & Doug, Ryan & Juan are officially back in the competition and in the winners bracket. They are also the only losers from Week 2 to win this week, replacing their opponents.
The Dark Horses from each team are back to being one step closer to becoming The Ultimate Writer. But only one of them can be named TUW Champion, so who’s it going to be? Find out next round…
- Read Ryan’s highest viewed article this week (39 Views): “Brandon Lewis understands reinjury could be career-ending ahead of DWCS”
- Read Juan’s highest viewed article this week (93 Views): “Can a third big Pro Wrestling promotion work in the United States?”
- Read Lee’s highest viewed article this week (8 Views): “Is cutting less weight and fighting at natural weight the latest UFC trend?”
- Read Doug’s highest viewed article this week (13 Views): “Maycee Barber vs. Montana De La Rosa slated for UFC 269”
Katie Vega & Dylan Fritts (124 Total Views) def. Greg Matthews & Jake Foley (8 Total Views) in a Tornado Tag Match.
The favorites to win this week got it done in fashion. Katie & Dylan officially move on in the bracket with their current placements after beating Greg & Jake dominantly. Unfortunately for Jake, neither of his partners were able to write an article, so it was always going to be somewhat of a handicap match.
Who wins next week when former tag team partners face off in order to move on in the bracket? This is going to be a great one to watch since Dylan got the higher views of the two. Can Katie fulfill her quest of becoming the first 2x Ultimate Writer? Tune in next week.
- Read Katie’s highest viewed article this week (57 Views): “7 Puerto Rican MMA fighters you should know about”
- Read Dylan’s highest viewed article this week (67 Views): “The GLEAT Experiment”
- Greg did not have an article due to entering the competition has a short notice replacement for Dreux Stamford.
- Read Jake’s highest viewed article this week (8 Views): “Prospects to Watch: This week from Regional Scene”
Connor Rogowsky & Kevin Varghese (242 Total Views) def. Leif Payne & Josh Diaz (8 Total Views) in a Tables Match.
We knew how this one was going to play out. The team of Connor & Kevin is probably one of the most stacked duos made this round. Unfortunately for them, they have to face each other next round… But they won this round, slaughtering Leif & Josh who really had not shot it looks like.
Can Connor & Kevin continue their impressive run and make it all the way some how? Or does their momentum start to slow down as we continue on in the competition? We can’t wait to see how it plays out.
- Read Connor’s highest viewed article this week (149 Views): “Your go-to guide for Dana White’s Contender Series, Season 5”
- Read Kevin’s highest viewed article this week (93 Views): “Unveiling the Curtain: Is UFC governing the Media?”
- Read Leif’s highest viewed article this week (8 Views): “The Best Boxing to Watch in September”
- Unfortunately Josh Diaz did not receive a single view on his articles this week.
Cole Henry & Austin Luff (211 Total Views) def. Brandon Sibcy & Akhilesh Gannavarapu (22 Total Views) in a Falls Count Anywhere Match.
We have another lopsided win in the card’s closer. Season 3’s beast, Cole Henry comes through again for his team, having the highest article views for the week. So this means Brandon & Akhilesh will stay in the loser bracket.
The stacked team moves on and will be opponents next week, so we hope Austin took some notes because Cole is going to be hard to beat.
- Read Cole’s highest viewed article this week (195 Views): “Random Joe: The dirty life and crimes of Joseph Son”
- Read Austin’s highest viewed article this week (16 Views): “Amanda Serrano defends Jake Paul: ‘He’s a good person'”
- Read Brandon’s highest viewed article this week (18 Views): “Genki Sudo: The path of the Neo-Samurai”
- Read Akhilesh’s highest viewed article this week (4 Views): “Pro Wrestling and the non-sequitur of Finishers”
The Veterans keep their lead this week, beating the Newbies 5-3 again in round three. These Veterans are tough to beat, so the Newbies really need to step it up from here on out. See the updated Season 3 Bracket below.
Which content creator at The Scrap will take home the title of The Ultimate Writer? Let us know in the comments below.