The Ultimate Writer: Season 2 is a competition that features 15 of the best MMA and Pro Wrestling writers around the world in a competition of article views. We are now down to final four.
Winners this season are determined monthly when highest article views go head-to-head to determine The Ultimate Writer.
These semi-finals showcased some of the best matches in TUW history and saw a lucky wildcard returner take advantage of her second chance. Below are the results for the semi-finals of TUW.
Connor Rogowsky (2,267 Views) def. Caroline Romero (389 Views) via submission in round 1.
WHAT A MATCH! With the shocker of the week, Connor Rogowsky has officially taken down the Dark Horse of TUW, Caroline Romero. Rogowsky officially moves to the finale. He becomes the first TUW competition to compete in both seasons and their finales.
Can Rags finally get the job done and become The Ultimate Writer after his best showing yet? Find out in February!
- Read Connor’s article with 2,267 views- “Regional Prospects to Watch in 2020: Midwestern & North Eastern United States”
- Read Caroline’s article with 389 views- “Jasmine Jasudavicius is a top Canadian prospect with big things on the horizon”
Katie Vega (918 Views) def. Jordan Ellis (375 Views) via KO in round 2.
In a TUW rematch, Vega got voted back into the competition by her peers and takes out the #2 ranked/TUW favorite Jordan Ellis.
Vega came back with a vengeance, after Ellis eliminated her last round. She did a major rebranding and began writing legit MMA articles, proving to be her superpower for winning this round. Vega becomes the first woman in TUW finale and has the opportunity to become the first-ever woman to win it all.
With Rogowsky next on the list, can Vega take down Goliath and comeback to win it all? Or will she taste defeat for the second time this season against the #1 writer of the competition?
Our finale features two rookie writers, showcasing exactly what this contest is all about.
- Read Katie’s article with 918 views- “7 Puerto Rican fighters you should know about”
- Read Jordan’s article with 375 views- “Top 5 MMA fighters of the decade”
Brandon Sibcy (100 Views) def. Juan Reneo (92 Views) via split decision.
Sibcy gets it done with the nail-biter win over Reneo. Both men came through with phenomenal articles and it truly came down to the last day.
- Read Brandon’s article with 100 views- “Who is the Fighter of the Year?”
- Read Juan’s article with 92 view- “The best of the decade in Pro Wrestling”
Lee Brown (100 Views) def. Austin Luff (36 Views) via TKO in round 3.
Brown comes through after replacing Kevin Mahoney last minute. He gets the win over Austin Luff, a competitor who started very strong and went downhill.
- Read Lee’s article with 100 views- “AEW storylines we want to see in 2020”
- Read Austin’s article with 36 views- “Conor vs. Cowboy: The Fight to Make”