According to MMA Journalist Al Zullino, the UFC is targeting a welterweight bout between Gunnar Nelson and Claudio Silva for UFC London on March 19.
Having recently signed a new multi-fight deal with the promotion, Iceland’s Gunnar Nelson (17-5-1) will be competing for the first time since 2019, when he dropped a unanimous decision to Gilbert Burns. Riding a two fight losing streak, the 33 year old will be looking to bounce back into the win column on March 19.
On a winless skid of his own is Brazil’s Claudio Silva (14-3), who had quite the start to his promotional career. Once 5-0, Silva was expected to make his way into the top 15, but meetings with James Krause and Court McGee have sent him back to the drawing board.
With the addition of Nelson vs Silva, UFC London looks as follows:
- Tom Aspinall vs Alexander Volkov – Heavyweight main event
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs Sergei Pavlovich – Heavyweight bout
- Mike Grundy vs Makwan Amirkhani – Featherweight bout
- Jack Shore vs Timur Valiev – Bantamweight bout
- Paddy Pimblett vs Kazula Vargas – Lightweight bout
- Gunnar Nelson vs Claudio Silva – Welterweight bout
- Muhammad Mokaev vs Cody Durden – Flyweight bout
- Elise Reed vs Cory McKenna – Strawweight bout
- Jake Hadley vs Allen Nascimento – Flyweight bout