The Cornhusker State looks to be getting a featherweight matchup at the end of april.
A matchup between Peter Barrett and Danny Henry is being targeted for UFC on ESPN+ 31, sources tell The Scrap. The event takes place on April 25 at the Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln, Neb. and will be headlined by a light heavyweight bout between Anthony Smith and Glover Teixeira.
Henry is looking to bounce back into the win column after losing via submission to Dan Ige at UFC on ESPN+ 5 in March 2019. “The Hatchet” began his Octagon career with wins over Daniel Teymur and Hakeem Dawodu, and brings a 12-3 record to the upcoming bout.
Barrett is set to make his Octagon debut at next month’s event as he also earned a contract competing on the 2019 season of the Contender Series. “Slippery Pete” outlasted the previously unbeaten Sang Hoon Yoo to pick up a unanimous decision. The 33-year-old Massachusetts native will return to the featherweight division for the first time since November 2017 when he suffered a third-round submission loss to TJ Brown at Cage Titans 36. It will be the 15th professional appearance for Barrett.
With the addition of the 145-pound matchup between Danny Henry and Peter Barrett, here is how UFC Lincoln currently shapes up:
- Anthony Smith vs. Glover Teixeira
- Antonina Shevchenko vs. Cynthia Calvillo
- Anthony Rocco Martin vs. David Zawada
- Michael Johnson vs. Evan Dunham
- Mackenzie Dern vs. Ariane Carrioles
- Ovince St. Preux vs. Shamil Gamzatov
- Zak Cummings vs. Andrew Sanchez
- Christos Giagos vs. Alan Patrick
- Roosevelt Roberts vs. Matt Frevola
- Danny Henry vs. Peter Barrett
- Raphael Pessoa vs. Alexander Romanov