The Ultimate Writer: Season 2 is a competition that features 15 of the best MMA and Pro Wrestling writers around the world in a competition of article views. We are now down to the top 6.
Winners this season are determined monthly when highest article views go head-to-head to determine The Ultimate Writer. Last round saw some of our new solidified writers take center stage against a few writers who got a second chance in the tournament.
This third round showcased some phenomenal matchups that will forever change the landscape of the game. Below are the results for round 3 of TUW.
Caroline Romero (742 Views) def. UFC Super Fan (560 Views) via unanimous decision.
WOW! With the shocker of the week, Caroline Romero takes down TUW Season 2 Kingpin, UFC Super Fan. With consistency and quickly timed articles, Romero was able to win the biggest matchup of her writing career. UFC Super Fan was on a hot streak, even getting his article read out loud by Stephen Thompson on a Twitch stream.
Romero looks to bring this momentum in her next matchup as he moves one step closer to being crowned The Ultimate Writer.
- Read Caroline’s article with 742 views- “Who is the man behind The Rock’s new movie?”
- Read UFC Super Fan’s article with 560 views- “MMA Twitter Fighting Championship: MacMally vs. UFC Super Fan”
Connor Rogowsky (112 Views) def. Austin Luff (28 Views) via submission in round 3.
In a rematch from the first season, Rogowsky takes out Austin Luff once again. Although not his best round, Connor has been consistent in this game since losing for the first time in last season’s finale.
With Rogowsky taking on Caroline next, will he go back to his ways of winning big hundreds? Or will Caroline become his second loss ever?
- Read Connor’s article with 112 views- “Jasmine Jasudavicius finds new opponent in Christina Ricker for BTC homecoming”
- Read Austin’s article with 28 views- “Ranking the best pro wrestling podcasts”
Jordan Ellis (379 Views) def. Juan Reneo (41 Views) via submission in round 1.
Coming out of nowhere, Jordan gets the win over surging newcomer, Juan Reneo. This season, Jordan has been allowing his opponents to win every week, except the last. This week, he eliminated the last Pro Wrestling writer in the competition. Consistently coming through with a popular article at the very end, Ellis looks to go all the way and avenge his only loss in the competition by winning Season 2.
Will Jordan Ellis continue his winning ways? Or will his random opponent come out the gate strong and take his spot? Tune in next month to find out.
- Read Jordan’s article with 379 views- “Modestas Bukauskas is ‘100% ready’ for UFC, eyeing London card”
- Read Juan’s article with 41 view- “Carlos Romo has ‘it’ factor most wrestlers are never able to obtain”
Brandon Sibcy (131 Views) def. Kevin Mahoney (37 Views) via TKO in round 3.
Brandon Sibcy gets the win over this season’s coach, Kevin Mahoney, with a phenomenal interview of BKFC’s Jason Knight. Kevin has been a phenomenal coach, however, hasn’t had much luck this season after getting two chances.
Will Brandon get voted back in the competition after a strong performance? Find out next month.
- Read Brandon’s article with 131 views- “Jason Knight: From unsanctioned fights in dog cages to headlining PPVs”
- Read Kevin’s article with 37 views- “What should be next for Kevin Lee after KO win at UFC 244?”
Evan Mowery (36 Views) def. Lee Brown (12 Views) via split decision.
Mowery comes through and gets his first TUW win. Evan recently joined The Scrap as a writer and it seemed to have helped boost his morale, beating one of The Scrap’s veterans in Lee Brown.
- Read Evan’s article with 36 views- “Who’s next for Edmen Shahbazyan after another impressive performance at UFC 244?”
- Read Lee’s article with 12 views- “Will Amanda Nunes’ historic title run come to an end at UFC 245?”
Don’t forget: The interesting WILDCARD will be added to The Ultimate Writer in this next round, so we’ll see a writer come back from the loser bracket and continue their run for the TUW title.