For months now, UFC has been interested in Brock Lesnar returning to challenge heavyweight champion, Daniel Cormier. Brock even confronted DC in the Octagon after his win at UFC 226 and since then, Dana White wanted to make this fight.
It seemed almost a certainty after their altercation, but as time went by and no contracts were being signed, the fight lost interest. As reported earlier today by ESPN’s Bret Okamoto, Dana White said that Brock told him, “He’s done. He’s retiring.” Brock last fought in July 2016 at UFC 200 against Mark Hunt, and if Brock is to be believed, we have seen the last of the former champion in the UFC Octagon.
With Brock Lesnar out, UFC is working on Stipe Miocic vs Daniel Cormier 2 for the August 17 card. Cormier won the heavyweight championship from Miocic back at UFC 226 in July of last year, and has been lobbying for a rematch ever since. As reported by ESPN, Cormier and Miocic have verbally agreed to the fight, and UFC is just working on contracts for the champion and challenger.