A lightweight main event has been added to UFC Brasilia. Kevin “The Mo-Town Phenom” Lee (18-5) will take on Charles “Do Bronx” Oliveira (28-8) on March 14 at the Nilson Nelson Gymnasium in Brasilia, Brazil. The UFC announced the bout on Tuesday.
After suffering two subsequent losses against Rafael dos Anjos via arm-triangle choke and Al Iaquinta by unanimous decision, Lee joined Tri-Star gym in the Summer of 2019. Under the tutelage of coach Firas Zahabi, Lee won at UFC 244 in November against the previously 13-0 Gregor Gillespie. The win came by via picture-perfect head kick in the first round.
Born in Sao Paulo, Brazil, Oliveira trains at Gold Team Texas. The 30-year-old is currently riding a six-fight winning streak. He last took out Jared Gordon at UFC Sao Paulo in November with an overhand right and uppercut at 1:26 of the first round.
A true submission artist, Oliveira holds the record for the most submission wins in UFC history. He has remained undefeated since June 2018 when he beat Clay Guida with a guillotine choke in round one of the contest.
Lee is currently the No. 13 ranked best MMA lightweight fighter with Oliveira sitting at the No. 10 spot. The winner of this matchup will further establish themselves as a top contender in the UFC lightweight division.
As for the rest of UFC Brasilia, the current lineup can be seen below.
- Welterweight – 170lbs: Demian Maia vs. Gilbert Burns
- Lightweight – 155lbs: Kevin Lee vs. Charles Oliveira
- Welterweight: Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Alexey Kunchenko
- Light heavyweight – 205lbs: Johnny Walker vs. Nikita Krylov
- Flyweight – 125lbs: Jussier Formiga vs. Brandon Moreno
- Strawweight – 115lbs: Paige VanZant vs. Amanda Ribas
- Bantamweight – 135lbs: Rani Yahya vs. Enrique Barzola
- Lightweight: Francisco Trinaldo vs. John Makdessi
- Bantamweight: Veronica Macedo vs. Bea Malecki
- Heavyweight – 207-265lbs: Carlos Felipe vs. Jeff Hughes
- Flyweight: Maryna Moroz vs. Mayra Bueno Silva