TUW 3 Results: Torres vs. Ellis
TUW is a competition for The Scrap’s Content Writers and features 14 of the best MMA and pro wrestling writers around the world in a competition of article views. The first round of the inaugural season began May 1st and the winners this season will be determined monthly when highest article views go head-to-head to determine The Ultimate Writer.
The third-round matchups feature pivotal head-to-head wars. Below are the results of the third round of TUW.
Joel Torres (1,072 Views) def. Jordan Ellis (681 Views) via third-round TKO.
Joel Torres officially puts an end to Jordan Ellis’ underdog run, taking one of two slots in TUW Finale. Ellis was beating every higher ranked opponent put in front of him, being dubbed the Darkhorse of the competition since week one. Torres came in the competition as the #1 ranked writer and heads into the finale as the betting favorite, finishing every writer put in front of him this season. Can Torres pull off the perfect season? Only time will tell.
- Read Joel’s article with 1,063 views- “Randy Costa calls out Sean O’Malley for scrap at UFC Boston in October”
- Read Jordan’s article with 669 views- “Excited to be the main attraction at Cage Warriors 108, Mason Jones is primed to wipe out entire lightweight division”
Connor Rogowsky (110 Views) def. Austin Luff (22 Views) via submission in round 2.
The team captain shows out again against Team Joel’s, Austin Luff. Rags makes it out successful in his second co-main event bout and will hope to carry momentum into the finals against fellow coach, Joel Torres. The finale will feature Rags’ second headliner and a Team Joel vs Team Rags matchup! Will Rags overcome his #4 ranking and become The Ultimate Writer? We’ll find out August 31st!
- Read Connor’s article with 108 views- “Anthony Romero set to face Troy Whittman in Niagara Falls, New York”
- Read Austin’s article with 22 views- “Becky Lynch and Seth Rollins are a power couple, but they need proper booking”
Kevin Mahoney (16 Views) def. Matt Puppich (14 Views) via split decision.
In a VERY close bout, Kevin Mahoney comes out on top against Matt Puppich.
- Read Kevin’s article with 16 views- “Valerie Loureda was destined to make her mark in MMA”
- Read Matt’s article with 10 views- “How can WWE reign supreme in the midst of AEW’s recent success?”
Lee Brown (26 Views) def. Tyreef Cash (19 Views) via split decision.
In a close bout, Lee Brown pulls off his first win against teammate, Tyreef Cash.
- Read Lee’s article with 22 views- “Jon Jones wants to fight in December, so who’s next for the champion?”
- Read Tyreef’s article with 29 views- “With Cejudo out until 2020, what matches should be made at 125 and 135 pounds?”
Brandon Sibcy (14 Views) def. Hiram Alvarado (7 Views) via unanimous decision.
Although both men were previously eliminated, Brandon takes the win here for Team Joel over Team Rags’ Hiram Alvarado, who is still clinging to views from previously written articles.
- Read Brandon’s article with 47 views- “Mike Perry set to meet Vicente Luque in co-main event at UFC Uruguay”
- Read Hiram’s article with 7 views- “Tony Ferguson is back and better than ever”