TUW 4 Results: Torres vs. Rogowsky
TUW is a competition for The Scrap’s Content Writers and features 14 of the best MMA and pro wrestling writers around the world in a competition of article views.
Winners this season are determined monthly when highest article views go head-to-head to determine The Ultimate Writer. The first round of the inaugural season began May 1st and after four tough rounds, we will crown our first ever Ultimate Writer.
Below are the results of the final round of TUW.
Matt Puppich (13 Views) def. Tyreef Cash (8 Views) via split decision.
In a close bout, Matt Puppich pulls off the victory to fill the #16 slot of Season 2. He slides by Tyreef Cash by just 5 views. Let’s hope these two writers come with guns blazing in the first round next season.
- Read Matt’s article with 13 views- “EC3: What went wrong?”
- Read Tyreef’s article with 8 views- “The State of MMA Sponsorships: The PFL – Somethin’ about a Million”
Kevin Mahoney (385 Views) def. Lee Brown (21 Views) via first-round TKO.
Kevin Mahoney makes a statement and gets back to his dominating ways with a first-round finish of Lee Brown. With the win, Kevin will officially get the #1 ranked writer on his team. Lee will get #2, Kevin #3 and so on. Both men will be coaches next season and it looks like Kevin wanted to send a message early on to whoever ends up on Lee’s team.
- Read Kevin’s article with 385 views- “The underrated fights to watch at UFC Fight Night 156 in Montevideo, Uruguay”
- Read Lee’s article with 21 views- “What’s next for Jorge Masvidal after huge win at UFC 239?”
Jordan Ellis (318 Views) def. Austin Luff (21 Views) via first-round submission.
Mr. UK gets back in the win column after a very dominant performance over a writer who was ranked higher than him this season. Ellis will officially go into Season 2 as the #2 ranked writer. Right where he belongs. Ellis had a hell of a season, while Austin seemed to hit the decline after some impressive months. With his second loss, Austin will head into Season 2 as the #5 ranked writer, two under his ranking in Season 1. Both men will without a doubt represent The Scrap well.
- Read Jordan’s article with 318 views- “Jared Vanderaa hopeful of UFC call after solving “Problema” at LFA 74”
- Read Austin’s article with 21 views- “Ranking the best pro wrestling podcasts”
Joel Torres (966 Views) def. Conor Rogowsky (669 Views) via first-round TKO.
Joel Torres is officially the first-ever Ultimate Writer!
The birthday boy pulled off the perfect season, beating Rogowsky in the final round. Torres won every fight via finish this season and will official hold the championship title. Torres came in the competition as the #1 ranked writer and remained at the top of the crop, comfortably.
- Read Joel’s article with 966 views- “Peter Barrett feels he was ‘everything Contender Series is looking for’ but UFC was ‘invested in TUF’ early in his career”
- Read Connor’s article with 669 views- “Jared Vanderaa vs Renan Ferreira set to headline LFA 74”
The Ultimate Writer Season 2
The new season begins with 16 writers from all around the world and various MMA and pro wrestling news sources. This is the first time the competition will be open to the public, as Season 1 was exclusive to The Scrap writers.
Starting September 1, writers from Spain, UK, USA, Canada, Puerto Rico, Ireland, and Scotland will go head-to-head to crown our second-ever Ultimate Writer.
Same rules, new bracket.