The UFC announced a women’s bantamweight bout will headline the promotion’s return to Sacramento, California.
The main event will feature Aspen Ladd (8-0 MMA) and former UFC featherweight champion, Germaine de Randamie (8-3 MMA).
Tickets on-sale Friday! pic.twitter.com/MLmB6N6y5T
— UFC (@ufc) May 30, 2019
The event is scheduled to take place at the Golden 1 Center on July 13th.
This will be a quick turnaround for Ladd, who just took a unanimous decision over Sijara Eubanks and earned “Fight of the Night” honors at UFC Rochester two weeks ago. The win in New York brought the 24-year-old Ladd to 3-0 win with the organization and 8-0 overall.
De Randamie was last seen in action in November of 2018, where she took a decision over former title challenger, Raquel Pennington. That bout marked her return to bantamweight. In 2017, De Randamie won the inaugural featherweight title after going five rounds with Holly Holm at UFC 208. She declined to defend against Cris Cyborg, citing Cyborg’s history of testing positive for PEDs, and was subsequently stripped of the belt.
With De Randamie being ranked number one and Ladd number four by the promotion, it’s likely the outcome will determine the number one contender for current bantamweight queen, Amanda Nunes.
The Sacramento fight night will also feature the return of Urijah Faber as he meets the 15-1 prospect, Ricky Simon. Featherweights Josh Emmett and Mirsad Bektic will also face-off in a clash that could have some important implications for their weight class.
The scheduled bouts for UFC Sacramento:
- Germaine de Randamie vs Aspen Ladd
- Urijah Faber vs Ricky Simon
- Josh Emmett vs Mirsad Bektic
- Andre Fili vs Sheymon Moraes
- Cynthia Calvillo vs Renata Souza
- Darren Elkins vs Ryan Hall
- Beneil Dariush vs Drakkar Klose
- Marvin Vettori vs Cezar Ferreira
- Gian Villante vs Mike Rodriguez
- Karl Roberson vs John Phillips
- Sara McMann vs Nicco Montano
- Pingyuan Liu vs Jonathan Martinez
- Benito Lopez vs Martin Day