The undefeated Gregor Gillespie looks to be getting his first fight on a major pay-per-view as a fight with him and Kevin Lee is in the works for UFC 244.
UFC 244 is where we can next expect to see “The Mo-Town Phenom” Kevin Lee (18-5) and for him, it will have been one and down at 170-pounds.
MMA Junkie has reported that a lightweight clash between Lee and the highly touted prospect, Gregor “The Gift” Gillespie (13-0), is now being targeted for the big UFC 244 card on November 2 in Madison Square Garden.
This will be a home game for the Webster, New York native in everyone’s favorite fisherman, Gillespie. Currently riding a six-fight winning streak inside the Octagon, this will be Gillespie’s biggest test yet in the formidable Lee.
Despite going 1-3 in his last four outings, the new Tristar product in Lee has proven to be a top talent during his time at 155-pounds. In October 2017, he would challenge for interim gold against current top contender, Tony Ferguson. Lee’s last fight, his welterweight debut, saw him suffer defeat via an arm-triangle choke submission in the fourth round to the former lightweight champion, Rafael dos Anjos.
Out of Gillespie’s last six fights, he’s finished all but one of them (three by KO/TKO, two submissions). His last time out came early this year when he had his way against Yancy Medeiros at UFC Brooklyn. If he can pick up a win over Lee, Gillespie should expectedly be getting his inevitable crack at the top 15 of the loaded lightweight division.
As for the rest of the UFC 244 card, it now holds a total of 11 bouts. Expect one or two additions to be made in the coming weeks.
- Welterweight: (BMF C) – Jorge Masvidal vs. Nate Diaz
- Middleweight: Kelvin Gastelum vs. Darren Till
- Welterweight: Stephen Thompson vs. Vicente Luque
- Heavyweight: Derrick Lewis vs. Blagoy Ivanov
- Featherweight: Julio Arce vs. Hakeem Dawodu
- Featherweight: Shane Burgos vs. Makwan Amirkhani
- Light Heavyweight: Corey Anderson vs. Johnny Walker
- Middleweight: Edmen Shahbazyan vs. Krzysztof Jotko
- Welterweight: Lyman Good vs. Chance Rencountre
- Heavyweight: Andrei Arlovski vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
- Lightweight: Kevin Lee vs. Gregor Gillespie
Make sure to follow The Scrap News (@thescrapnews) on Twitter.
The Scrap’s Drake Riggs is an MMA writer and YouTuber based out of Brush Prairie, Washington who specializes in feature pieces, the women’s fight scene, lists, news coverage, and rankings. Riggs has been a passionate MMA fan since 2009 and has written for various news sources. You can follow him on Twitter (@Dre_Kriggs).