TUW 5 Results: Ellis vs. Ferrari
The Ultimate Writer: Season 2 is a competition that features 15 of the best MMA and Pro Wrestling writers around the world in a competition of article views.
Winners this season are determined monthly when highest article views go head-to-head to determine The Ultimate Writer. The first round of the new season began is officially over after a crazy month of changes.
The first round showcased important matchups that saw underdogs rise to the occasion and the main event live up to its expectations. Below are the results of the first round of TUW.
Jordan Ellis (265 Views) def. Dario Ferrari (134 Views) via unanimous decision.
Ellis is back and at the highest ranking he has ever been in TUW. After taking out some of the competition’s best last year, Jordan is ready to do the same this season. His first victim: Dario Ferrari.
Dario was a very game opponent though. Our first competitor from Brazil was winning until this past weekend when Jordan attended Cage Warriors 107 live. That’s when he snatched the win from the Brazilian.
- Read Jordan’s article with 265 views- “Cage Warriors 107 Live Results: Aspinall vs. Ben Hamouda”
- Read Dario’s article with 134 views- “Paul Felder oferece trilogia a Edson Barboza que aceita novo duelo”
Caroline Romero (1,209 Views) def. Steven Ricciardi II (0 Views) via KO in round 1.
WOW! Caroline did not come to mess around. After being named a last minute replacement for Season 2, she has truly come to win it all, leaving body bags behind. Not only did the MMA mom get the highest views of the competition, she got the highest views on The Scrap this month.
Her opponent didn’t publish an article this month, however, it doesn’t matter who was put up against Romero. She would have won. I think it’s safe to say that Caroline claimed the “Darkhorse of TUW” title for this season. Now let’s see if the consistency continue in round 2.
- Read Caroline’s article with 1,209 views- “Five fighters from Ontario, Canada UFC should be watching”
Due to Steven’s inactivity, one round 1’s losers will enter the competition again.
UFC Super Fan (286 Views) def. Evan Mowery (44 Views) via submission in round 1.
One of the most popular Twitter accounts and the self-proclaimed “Best things to happen to MMA Twitter” is moving on to the next round! Talking the talk and walking the walk, UFC Super Fan too out one of the competition’s newest writers in Evan Mowery.
Can UFC Super Fan continue his win streak while talking a big game? Let’s find out in round 2!
- Read UFC Super Fan’s article with 286 views- “Elias Theodorou — The Marijuana Chronicles”
- Read Evan’s article with 44 views- “The Battle of Endurance: Usman vs. Covington”
Brandon Sibcy (884 Views) def. Austin Luff (50 Views) via TKO in round 1.
Sibcy is ready to win this entire thing. After a short time on TUW: Season 1, he is back for vengeance taking out one of the competition’s best in Austin Luff. He made it look easy too.
Let’s be reminded that Brandon came into the competition as a last minute replacement. These writers inherited the ranking of the person before them. So, know that Brandon could easily win this entire competition, even with his #15 ranking.
- Read Brandon’s article with 884 views- “Four fighters who have the best chance to beat Khabib Nurmagomedov”
- Read Austin’s article with 50 views- “Ranking the best pro wrestling podcasts”
Juan Reneo (128 Views) def. Kevin Mahoney (62 Views) via TKO in round 3.
In the Stone Cold Stunner of the night, Spain’s Reneo pulled of the upset against this season’s coach, Kevin Mahoney! Reneo landed his first pro wrestling interview, leading him to this month’s win in impressive fashion.
Reneo is the first pro wrestling writer to make an impact in this competition. Let’s see if he can continue his winning ways in round 2.
- Read Juan’s article with 128 views- “The Man from Mancha Lives!”
- Read Kevin’s article with 62 views- “The top-5 fights to make for Conor McGregor”
Front Page MMA (0 Views) vs. Stephen Rivers (0 Views) was pulled from the competition due to inactivity.
Unfortunately, both writers did not write any articles. But we won’t let that ruin the competition!
Due to inactivity from both competitors, two round 1’s losers will re-enter the bracket again.
The MMA Bitch (44 Views) def. Lee Brown (11 Views) via unanimous decision.
Ending the night 2-0 for women, MMA Bitch takes out one of this season’s coaches in Lee Brown! She did indeed bring Girl Talk to The Scrap with her Monday Morning Gossip column.
Can she continue her ways to remain the HBIC in the competition? We will find out soon enough!
- Read MMA Bitch’s article with 44 views- “Monday Morning Gossip: UFC 242, Bellator 226, Becky Lynch, Local Fights, & Twitter Beef”
- Read Lee’s article with 11 views- “Breaking Down UFC 242 Main Event: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Dustin Poirier”