It has been time for WWE to introduce a mid-card title exclusively for women, mirroring the Intercontinental or United States Championship on the men’s side. Not only would it provide more opportunities for female talent to shine, it’ll elevate the prestige of the women’s division, and create compelling storylines.
Let’s dive into the idea of a hypothetical mid-card Women’s Championship. While we’re at it, we’ll explore some strong contenders for the new title.
It’s crazy to think that WWE has not introduced a mid-card title for the women. While the Women’s Tag Team Championships and the existing Women’s Championships undeniably provide significant opportunities for women in the sport, the addition of a dedicated mid-card title could effectively enhance the division’s diversity.
We’ve witnessed AEW successfully implement a mid-card championship within their women’s division. This move helped elevate Jade Cargill into a dominant champion and a bona fide superstar. Given the recent speculation surrounding Cargill’s potential arrival at the Performance Center, there couldn’t be a more opportune moment to introduce such a mid-card title in WWE.
Beyond serving as a platform for emerging talent, this championship would offer them invaluable experience, a platform to refine their skills, and the chance to cultivate a dedicated fanbase. Moreover, it would breathe new life into the women’s division, sparking fresh storylines and rivalries that inject renewed energy into the scene.
If WWE were to introduce a mid-card Women’s Championship, the choice of who should hold it could be fun to explore. Several talented female superstars could make compelling champions, many of which are injured. Taking that into account, here are a few strong contenders:
- Natalya: Natalya is a seasoned veteran known for her technical prowess. She could bring prestige and credibility to a mid-card women’s championship. It would add to her already legendary career and give her a relevant storyline to eventually introduce a new star into the title picture.
- Bayley: It’s obvious that Bayley is far from mid-card. But unfortunately while IO SKY is the WWE Women’s Champion, putting a belt on her is not a bad idea. It would only further solidify Damage Ctrl as a dominant faction and bring prestige to the belt.
- Mia Yim: Mia Yim has demonstrated her ability to tell compelling stories in the ring but has not been given the chance to show what she can do with a worthy storyline. A mid-card title run would be perfect for her. She desperately needs something right now because only being part of The O.C. isn’t cutting it.
- Cora Jade: The main roster has been needing Cora Jade for a few years now. Not only is she ready, she is long overdue a lengthy title run with meaningful feuds. Cora is undoubtedly a superstar in the making. WWE needs to hurry and call her up…
- Jade Cargill: I know I’m jumping the gun here since there are so many women in WWE who deserve an opportunity and it’s not official she has signed. But Jade Cargill is an undeniable star and should be treated as such. We saw what she was able to do with the AEW TBS title… Imagine what she’s going to do in WWE? I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait!
- Tiffany Stratton: As far as I’m concerned, it’s still Tifffy Time and Tiffany Stratton is at the Tiffy Top. She just lost her NXT Championship to Becky Lynch, so why not go make her own one on the main roster? It would be the perfect storyline to introduce her annoying a** to the masses.
The Logical Choice:
- Raquel Rodriguez: Now that Raquel was unsuccessful in taking the belt from Rhea Ripley, and Liv Morgan is still injured, she needs something. But not just anything, she needs to join the L.W.O. or… a mid-card title to really help Raquel establish her footing on the main roster.
- Zelina Vega: It’s time to put a damn belt around Zelina Vega’s waist. Her match with Rhea Ripley at Backlash further proved she’s ready for a singles title run. Since no one is taking that belt from Rhea anytime soon, a mid-card title would be perfect for someone like Zelina as she continues to build with the L.W.O.
- Shayna Baszler: Shayna is the reason Ronda Rousey is no longer in WWE. Despite that, she hasn’t had anything meaningful come from it. I’m sorry, but no more random tag teams. No more squash matches. It’s time to give Baszler the spotlight and the solo run she deserves on the main roster. Give her a mid-card title while you’re at it.
- Zoey Stark: It would make so much sense for Zoey Stark to hold a mid-card title following her storyline with Trish Stratus and Becky Lynch. Zoey started her main roster run with a bang, so you know WWE thinks very highly of her. Now that she’s moving on from Trish, she needs to continue this momentum and keep the spotlight on her.
Introducing a mid-card Women’s Championship in WWE could be a game-changer for the division. It would provide new opportunities for female talent to shine and contribute to the ongoing evolution of women’s wrestling within the company.
Who would you want to see hold a mid-card title? Let us know in the comments below.