Cory Sandhagen & Glover Teixeira get new opponents ahead of UFC Brooklyn
2019 is off to a rocky start for the UFC, as three fights were in jeopardy of being nixed for the upcoming UFC Brooklyn card on January 19 due to injury.
Randy Brown vs Chance Rencountre is reportedly out of their welterweight bout to open the card. Although a replacement has yet to be found for Rencountre, the UFC was able to find new opponents for Sandhagen and Teixeira just seven days out from fight night.
Karl Roberson will be stepping in short notice for Ion Cutelaba to fight Teixeira. The undefeated newcomer, Mario Bautista steps in for Lineker to take on the unbreakable, Sandhagen.
Below is a lineup for the first-ever ESPN card, UFC Brooklyn:
MAIN CARD (ESPN+)
- Henry Cejudo (C) vs TJ Dillashaw (C-bantamweight) – for flyweight title
- Allen Crowder vs Greg Hardy
- Gregor Gillespie vs Yancy Medeiros
- Joseph Benavidez vs Dustin Ortiz
- Rachael Ostovich vs Paige VanZant
- Karl Roberson vs Glover Teixeira
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN)
- Donald Cerrone vs Alexander Hernandez
- Joanne Calderwood vs Ariane Lipski
- Alonzo Menifield vs Vinicius Moreira
- Mario Bautista vs Cory Sandhagen
FIGHT PASS PRELIMS
- Dennis Bermudez vs Te Edwards
- Belal Muhammad vs Geoff Neal
- Chance Rencountre vs TBA
Make sure to follow The Scrap News (@thescrapnews).
Follow our writer Joel Torres (@joelisacoolkid).